Monday, November 22, 2010

Dark Pain Paillasse

Since I really liked the Pain Paillasse I made a couple of weeks ago, I decided to try the dark version too. The recipe is basically the same but uses whole wheat flour. The process however is the same and you can see it here: http://figsnpecorino.blogspot.com/2010/11/pain-paillasse.html. This time I decided to use a little bit more salt...close to two teaspoons. It ended up being a little bit too much for my taste, which might have been because of the additional flavor the whole wheat brought. I'm not sure but I think next time I will decrease it a little bit. The bread was really good, crunchy crust and a nice chewy inside :-)


Preferment
45 g fermented dough, diverted from your last bread dough or make a new one as follows:
55 g flour
35 g water
0,5 g fresh yeast
0,5 g salt

Levain
50 g flour
10 g whole wheat flour
30 g water
45 g fermented dough

Final dough:
300 g flour
100 g whole wheat flour
1 ts malt powder
295 g water
3 g fresh yeast
9 g salt
Levain

You can also find the recipe here


 

No comments: